My grand plans for last night were of a restaurant-like meal with candle-light, wine, appetizers, main course, dessert, well-behaved children and an attentive husband.
Here’s what I got:
- dim light because two light bulbs went out in the chandelier
- wine for myself because hubby’s tummy was bothering him (I’m OK with that part…not the tummy trouble…but at least wine for myself!)
- an appetizer of slightly doughy crescent-rolled Camembert cheese with triple berry fruit spread inhaled by three daughters (even baby had a taste) and aforementioned tummy-troubled husband before I got a nibble
- a main course of diced pork chops and broccoli in a sesame-ginger orange sauce over rice (which, was INCREDIBLE!)
- no dessert
- children (If I can’t say anything nice, I won’t say anything at all, right?)
- a husband who fed the baby
So…can I ask for much more than that?